I couple of months ago I bought sweetened condensed milk from the wholesale store and I have still have a ton left over and I have no idea what to do with it.
I read somewhere a while back you can make fudge by just mixing sweetened condensed milk and chocolate together... I don't remember where or when but I thought I'd give it a try.
I just used what I had in my pantry and today it was some milk chocolate from a Trader Joe's pound plus bar (love those!!) and some Nestle chocolate chips. I used around 12 ounces which is about a normal sized bag of chocolate chips.
I put those to melt in a double boiler. Doesn't it look so yummy?
Here is the final product which tastes amazing for taking only 2 basic ingredients and 10 minutes.
I read somewhere a while back you can make fudge by just mixing sweetened condensed milk and chocolate together... I don't remember where or when but I thought I'd give it a try.
I just used what I had in my pantry and today it was some milk chocolate from a Trader Joe's pound plus bar (love those!!) and some Nestle chocolate chips. I used around 12 ounces which is about a normal sized bag of chocolate chips.
I put those to melt in a double boiler. Doesn't it look so yummy?
You melt that down until it is smooth and then add the sweetened condensed milk and mix until it is all combined.
That's it! You know have a base for your fudge and you can add anything you'd like to it i.e. walnuts, chocolate chips, marshmallows, graham crackers... you name it! I decided to go with walnuts because it is a crime not to add them in this house. I want it to be eaten.
This next part I did not think through and next time I will do differently because it really effected the final product. I used a pan that was way too big so my fudge is very thin. I used a 9x13 and should have used a 9x9 or 8x8 square. It really doesn't matter but I wanted to make cubes....
Spread the fudge into a pan with either parchment or wax paper and put it into the refrigerator until it sets, most likely 4 or more hours depending on your refrigerator and the temperature that day.
Ingredients:
12 oz. chocolate
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1-2 tsp. vanilla
toppings of your choosing
Steps:
1) Melt chocolate in a double boiler and then combine with sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
2) Add your toppings.
3) Prepare pan with parchment paper or wax paper and spread fudge in an even layer.
4) Refrigerate until set- approximately 4 hours.
5) Enjoy!
xoxo Moumsy





No comments:
Post a Comment