Pages

Vintage Market

Friday, November 22, 2013

For some time now I have wanted to visit the SoWa Open Market in Boston but really haven't had the chance, I have heard awesome things about it. In the warmer months it is an indoor/outdoor market with lots of vendors selling anything from vintage clothes to large furniture pieces. In the winter they have the market in a large indoor space in the South End of Boston, which was amazing!

I was so inspired after walking around and I can't wait to have a place of my own to decorate and incorporate some of the awesome vintage and repurposed items that are on the market today! 

I came across these suitcases and wished I could have brought them home. I think they would be amazing for storage as well as a statement piece. You could store throws, photos, flatware, anything really! I loved these and I would have never though to stack suitcases. 

 As soon as I walked away from the suitcases I came across this beautiful hutch. It is metal and distressed and amazing. I think it might have been love at first sight. I sat there thinking about all my future china and stemware that I could put in there. Then reality set in and since I live at home and have already filled the attic and basement with things I probably shouldn't buy it. I was a little sad to see it go!
Don't feel too bad for me, I was able to bring something home with me! I found the most gorgeous sugar and creamer. They are 1950's milk glass and I already have two other pieces to match that I found in New Hampshire at an antique store. I cannot wait to use these.



I recommend SoWa to anyone it was really a great time and I plan on going again in the next few weeks to see new things. 

http://www.sowaopenmarket.com/

Has anyone else been to SoWa? Did you love it? I bet you did. 

xoxo Moumsy

No comments:

Post a Comment